Monday, July 20, 2009

Happiness in relationships


Continuing on the theme of happiness and the intricacy of how, where and when we can get it, I must share my feelings here...

For last few days, in fact for last 1 year I have a strange aloofness from relationships in a way which is somewhere closer to the self detachment as prophesised by the Mahatma himself... Well you may think it a bit going over the board but again I am being totally honest here...

Talking about my previous self, I was really concerned about what people might think about the way I interacted with them, the way I worked and in fact the way I functioned.. I used to really get concerned about whether I have offended anyone or or put off anybody with anything... Not any more... (Though here I must emphasise the fact that I am very concerned and particular about not hurting people intentionally)...

Over a period of time I have come to realise that no matter what you do and how much more you strive, you will not be able to please everybody all the time... There will be some voices of dissatisfaction, disgruntlement and anger from some corner..

What I have come to realise is the fact that whatever little time we have been given by providence to spend in our earthly life, we should be happy and make others happy and overall create a happy ambiance to one's self...

I firmly believe that everybody has a right to happiness and of spending his/her life in peace, tranquility and contentment... Hence i refuse to be part of a relationship which continuously seeks to hurt me and never at any point of time gives back anything in return... Simply put, I refuse to be in a selfish relationship which only demands a never ending list of things to be done at my end but in return is very quiet about the deliverable that they have to deliver from their end...

I strongly believe human relationship to be a much more mutual one and more of a give and take affair... In a relationship, each person/party has to cover the same distance (if not more) and has to do what is expected of each before true happiness can be had from the given relationship...

I always tell this to people I love: People who care for you will never hurt you and those who hurt you will never care for you...

Before anybody among you run away with the notion that all is not well in heaven for me... Lemme correct you here in saying that indeed everything is well in heaven for me... This is just my sharing of experience from my life about how I see things... ;)

No comments: