Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A New Begining

It has been a long time that I have had time to sit down and post a new entry in to my blog... I guess I owe an explanation to the few devoted people who have doggedly put up with my 'psychobabble' passing it off as good and sometimes excellent posts...

My decision of transition from my previous organisation was sudden and unexpected for most... However, suffice it to say that it was a decision taken weighing all pro and cons...The last few days were sad and poignant as I saw my students coming to me teary eyed expressing their sadness and shock on my sudden departure... Colleagues who had become good friends over a period of time, expressed their surprise as well as regret on my leaving. Everybody however wished me well and bade me goodbye...

I packed my belongings, moved my stuff and bid adieu to Hyderabad on the 4th of April for Coimbatore... Hyderabad, to put down in few passing words, has been good to us... The climate, ambience', the city had a very friendly feel... It was like a home away from home for us for the last 3 years and we enjoyed thoroughly our stay there... At least as far as I am concerned, I look forward to settling down there (in the sunset years of my life) having already purchased a land near the airport...

Month of April was busy and hectic, with lots of travelling, arranging stuff s and lots of shopping for the new house and finally 2 weeks of blissful nothingness as we slowly settled in our beautiful house in the small but beautiful city of Coimbatore each day watching the beautiful Ooty which is visible from our terrace ...

It has been 2 weeks since my joining the new organization... Work here is interesting, challenging with scope for a lot to be done... As I am slowly settling in to my job I am looking forward to the coming days when  work together with the team here to bring about quite a bit of structural and functional changes which may serve as a model for the network all across.

Again a new assignment, a new place and a new challenge... And am up for it and raring to go as usual...  

Concluding with my favourite line from Robert Frost:

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep....

Look up to this space for more interesting posts in the coming days as I go bag packing visiting our units spread across India...

No comments: