Friday, June 24, 2016

Who Knows...

Sometimes I think that the reason why I am so creative or risk taking in my professional work in discovering new ways and innovations may be because I am deeply insecure and non-risk taking in my personal front…

So what could be the reason for such deep insecurity and risk averse nature? Reading Paulo Coelho and getting inspired from his oft quoted lines where he exhorts you to take risk and not get in to the comfort zone, I have taken life’s lesson from these writing and have got exhilarated and suffered too… am I not being  very carreristic… too entrenched in my comfort zone… well I believe not… I have left jobs at the zenith of my work in the previous organisations to the point that one old super boss was forced to comment that” a rolling stone gathers no moss”…

Am I like the rolling stone which gets impatient after a ascertain period of journey in life and look forwards to explore newer territory? Well, l supposes I could be called that but for the fear of being left in the cold now that I am responsible for a family and have responsibilities…

So what does all this translate for me as a professional…?

May be I would keep exploring and trying till I find what is perfect for me… may be I may get in to academics which would open avenue for me to “officially” explore and satiate the adventure in me… may be I would just keep fixed physically at the same place and explore and create novel things… who knows…

Sometime I think that life is not fair… is it only birth, contacts, false utopian images one build about themselves etc. which gets people ahead in life… or is it the constant critique in people who love to criticise and take all other things as inferior and not unbecoming them is what causes them not to get ahead in life… who knows…

Wanting… no no… yearning dearly for things which will never come to you and yet pushing away things which are well within your grasp, is this what is called the irony of life… then will the irony help solve the riddle when the thing well within your grasp turns out to be a nightmare or vice versa… who knows…

In the older days it was very simple… invade a region/state/province/country and enslave their people… now a days Pension funds, house loans EMIs, education loans are the modern day tools for enslaving a man and his intellect with assurance of a better and secure life style when he retires… it all starts from birth… the theory of effort and reward… study hard for your 10th and you will never have to work hard in your life… then comes 12th ....entrance, more entrance, professional course, more entrance, interviews and jobs… and then the ultimate way of ensuring a man lands in his graves are the above said modern tools for enslavement… there is also other tools for enslavement post death but again that is the purview of religion and philosophy…. Is there any breakage from these bonds in life… who knows…?

Freedom in professional life is more of a mirage than a reality… “You are free to do whatever you want to do”… But then “do not do this, don’t do that, do not cross swords with these, do not talk to them like that, that is not our purview, we are only the managers and not the core product etc. etc.” If this is freedom then what is slavery…. Who knows…?


Why managing conflict in work place is so hard… haven’t we done it at various places – among friends, relatives, cousins etc.… why do people run away from resolving conflict and in situation when their own team needs their support the most… If leadership can be defined by one critical factor on which it will depend solely for its future efefctiveness, it is the ability to resolve conflict and divert the energy for positive organisational changes… But who will bell the cat and who will make people see… who knows…

No comments: