Friday, November 7, 2008

Movie experience: Shaurya


Saw Shaurya during the Diwali vacation. Well people must be thinking that watching movie in Diwali from the comforts of home... wow... but hold your guns a sec ladies and gentleman.... I saw this movie in sheer desperation coz during that time I was in my field at Adilabad staying at our guest house all alone as most of the staff has left for Diwali vacation....
I was told by my field staff that all will come to a halt during the evening and that there will not be any shop left open, I decided to have some movie dvd which will keep me busy during the evening... Fortunately for me there was a dvd shop open in the market but they were doing puja of the shop for the festival. However, the prudent among them thought that its best to allow goddess lakshmi in on the auspicious occasion of diwali. They had some good collection of dvd all from moser baer and for throw away price ( Rs. 50 for a dvd of 3 movies).
One of the movie in the dvd was shaurya which I wanted to see from a long day...
It was basically a take off of the Hollywood flick 'a few good men'. However, I am not complaining coz of the adpatation.... it was done really well... with Rahul bose and K.K around, you would expect nothing else... the customisation to the Indian context was what made the movie more appealing....
was really moved by the fair nature of the trial and the secular nature of the army in the movie... these are some of the occasion which makes me proud to be an Indian where all religion and races are treated with equality and dignity... I guess the 60 years of our experiment with democracy has given us the strength to stand up boldly and question our biases and that of the society which few culture actually permits... I admit we had our large failures and stumbling block on the way...but nevertheless it has only helped us grow as a nation with strong secular and Democratic values.... this given the scenario in south east Asia and other places where countries have adopted religion over secularism as a state policy only to be proven sorely wrong at the end...
India being the great melting pot it is, has over the years embraced all races, religion, ethnic group... it sometimes amazes one to see that a country so much ravaged by foreign invaders can so beautifully take all of of what is good in them and develop this great country with all shades and hues of people and group.... I think that has been the singular most briliant achievement of this country... may we tread the same path in face of adversaries and may we find our nation among the most successful nation on the face of the earth......

No comments: